Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 5 - No News / Good News

Earlier today I got a phone call from one of the nephrologists (kidney doctors) who told me that my blood labs from yesterday showed continued improvement with my kidneys and that I no longer needed dialysis (yeah!) I am now to be followed by my regular nephrologist in clinic on a regular basis. This is the good news for the day.

I also received a phone call from the Oncology department regarding an appointment on Tuesday. I'll go in and first have a CT scan and then have an appointment with Dr. Chin. I am hopeful that we will have some answers regarding treatment and prognosis after this meeting. Good, bad, or otherwise - I don't care at this point, I just want to be able to move forward with some knowledge. I want to know what I'm up against.

Sometimes no news in not necessarily good news. That's fine - just give me some news; any news.

I doubt I'll post again until after my Tuesday appointments.

Be Well.

Chris

No comments: