Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Greetings from Room 3035

So here I sit in a hospital bed once again. Yesterday's cardiac cath went well, but the docs found some major constrictions in my cardiac arteries (those supplying blood to the heart itself,) and they decided it would be prudent to admit me and run some further tests. I'm presently waiting on a Cardiac MRI to be do sometime this morning or early afternoon. The aim of this is to determine whether there is additional damage to the heart valves and to try and get a clearer idea of the extent to which my constrictive paricarditis has progressed. Then I'll be meeting with the surgeons to discuss options. Right now, there are two options on the table - another cath session to include the placement of stints or cardiac by-pass surgery.

Right now I'm just sitting here bored out of my mind and hungry as hell - I'm very much looking forward to a big slice of pepperoni pizza when this is all over. The cool thing is that hospitals now come equipped with wi-fi and computers built into patient TVs. At least I can keep my sanity by staying in touch.

I hope all are well - I'll keep this updated as best I can over the coming days.

Chris

1 comment:

bekster said...

Hang in there. To pass the time, you can think of new Munchkin cards... or you can check out this website:

http://www.urban75.org/useless/bored.html#nothing

Not all of these can be done from a hospital bed; nevertheless, they should provide a smidgen of entertainment.